Got a question about something in this policy, or want to contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO)? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- your email address and basic personal information needed to set up or authenticate your account
- any information you choose to save to your account
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our newsletter or email alerts
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you use
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address and any attachments if you contact us
- public details from your social media profile (like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) if you reach out to us via these platforms, and the contents of your messages or posts to us
When you create an account, it will automatically generate a unique account identifier.
We use Plausible analytics to collect information about how you use Indie.io. Plausible analytics collects anonymous usage data for statistical purposes. The goal is to track overall trends in our website traffic, it is not to track individual visitors. All the data is in aggregate only. No personal data is collected. We do not use tracking cookies.
Why we need your information
We collect your personal data in order to:
- allow you to access our services
- store your preferences, for example your language and email subscription preferences
- send email alerts to users who request them
- gather feedback to improve our services
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- keep your account secure
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
Our legal basis for processing your information
The legal basis for processing personal data is that it’s necessary:
- to enable you access to Indie.io
- to operate and improve Indie.io
- to send transactional messages, provide customer support, updates, security alerts, and account related messages
- to monitor and analyse overall trends, usage and activities in connection with Indie.io
- to create, publish or send marketing emails, news or advertising material - with your consent
- to comply with legal obligations to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access, and other illegal activities
- to personalise Indie.io
- to process your data for other purposes for which we obtain your consent
We may use usage and log data to assemble non-personally identifiable web traffic reports and statistics. These reports and statistics may be shared with third parties.
Who we share your information with
The data we collect may also be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our hosting provider, who help us run Indie.io.
The following Service Providers may be considered our “sub-processors” under GDPR. We only share what’s required for their purpose.
|Render Services, Inc.||Cloud services||
Servers in 🇩🇪 Germany,
headquarters in the 🇺🇸 United States
|Cloudflare, Inc.||DNS & CDN||
Servers 🌎 worldwide,
headquarters in the 🇺🇸 United States
|Plausible Insights OÜ||Website analytics||🇸🇮 Slovenia|
|Migadu-Mail GmbH||Business emails||🇨🇭 Switzerland|
|AppSignal B.V.||Error reporting||🇳🇱 Netherlands|
In addition to sharing with technology suppliers as described above, we may also share your information with others in the following circumstances:
- in the event of a merger, sale, change in control, or reorganisation of all or part of our business
- when we are required to do so by law - for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime
- where we have a good-faith belief sharing is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required to comply with our legal obligations
- other purposes for which we obtain your consent
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
How long we keep your information
We retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. In certain circumstances we may be required by law to retain your personal information, or may need to retain your personal information in order to continue providing a service.
Even if you delete your account, keep in mind that the deletion by our technology suppliers may not be immediate and that the deleted information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 18. You represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of Indie.io.
Where your information is processed and stored
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Mapbox, Inc. and Cloudflare, Inc. may be transferred outside the EEA for processing.
How we protect your personal information and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data - for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact.
Links to other websites
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact us if you:
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
You can contact us by email at email@example.com.
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Last updated 15 April 2022